HDO Admissions Is Highly Selective.
Because HDO students will bring diverse strengths and experiences to the graduate program, the committee carefully considers all criteria supporting a candidate’s application.
Admissions Deadline: April 15, 2013
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis; students are encouraged to apply early.
Incomplete applications are not considered by the admissions committee. Be aware that it may take up to one month to process each application. Each candidate will be carefully considered by the admissions committee and may be asked for an interview (by phone or in person). Interviews are by invitation only.
Click here to begin the application process.
A Completed HDO Application Includes:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited college or university (or a comparable degree from a foreign academic institution).
- A grade point average of 3.0 in upper-division coursework and graduate work, if applicable.
- An official GRE or GMAT score taken within the past five years (foreign students are required to submit TOEFL scores as well).
- A resume or CV detailing relevant work and academic experience.
- A personal essay.
- Three letters of recommendation (these may be professional and/or academic in nature).
- Payment of application fee (charged after the submission of the application).
The HDO Masters Degree cost for the entire 18-month program is $60,000*. This flat fee includes all of the following items:
- Tuition and fees
- Lodging and meals during intensive start-of-semester weeks in Austin, TX
- All textbooks and other course materials
- Program software, technical infrastructure and access to research databases
- Access to The University of Texas at Austin resources
The cost is divided among four semesters:
Cost Deposit (Required to hold spot in class) $1,500 (due upon acceptance of admission) Non-refundable Fall Tuition $16,500 (due August 1) Spring Tuition $14,000 (due January 1) Summer Tuition $14,000 (due May 1) Fall Tuition $14,000 (due August 1)
Financial aid and payment plans are available.
*A $1000 surcharge will be added for Distance Learners.
For more information, please contact Amy Ware, associate director, at 512-232-7338.