Now that I’m over my jet lag and acquainting myself back with the infamous Texas heat I reflect back on my time abroad and think “How in the heck did I cram all that into 4 weeks!”
Fond memories/moments/things I wish could fit in my luggage include:
- Riding on the top level of double decker buses
- Primark (the only store that could make me empty my bank account instantly)
- Hamleys Toy Store (6 floors of awesome!)
- The food! (meat pies, curry, and lamb oh my)
- The beaches of Olhao, Portugal
- All the friendly people I met
- Touring stadiums such as Man U and Lords Cricket Grounds
- OYE! My new way of getting somebody’s attention
My time spent was one for the books and it was full of adventure and appreciation of other cultures. Thanks to my new best friend RyanAir I also got to experience Dublin and Portugal in addition to some of the prime spots in the UK.
Check out some of my adventures featured in my vlog in the links below (with more videos to come).
I must admit I had a slight case of the blues on my way to the airport, then on the plane, and they followed me for a few days after I touched down in Dallas. However, Dorothy had it right “There’s no place like home.”