Step 2: Curriculum Assessment

Now that you are a couple of weeks into the new school year, you have probably become aware of parts of your course(s) that need to  be improved.  For this challenge, assess your curriculum carefully and determine where the weaknesses lie.  Do your students need more form-focused activities?  Do you need to jazz up the readings?  Does your course suffer from a lack of authentic language input? Post your curriculum assessment below for the group to read (1-2 paragraphs).

(Deadline September 28, 2012)

2 thoughts on “Step 2: Curriculum Assessment

1. I won’t be directly working with students, but with teachers. According to my experience, teachers often are willing to integrate more authentic contents than what they actually do. In addition, adding non-edited edited contents for which no activities where thought requires extra work and time. For this reason, my intention is to propose the one teacher collaborating with me (the other three dropped for lack of time) to use a tool for the automatic generation of a limited set of activities related to written native speaker production.

2. Really and truly, there is a lack of teaching activities based on authentic materials, and this is what I would most like to complement my lessons with. I would really like to show my students real texts, both oral and written, and make them work with real language aimed at native speakers.