- Out of My Habitus – “I’m Just Saying”: Students who “debate you” and undermine you through racial and gendered performances of “smartness”
- Violence at the Urban Margins: Longhorns & Latin American Ethnography
- Feeling the Body: Embodying Sociology at the CWGS Conference
- Social Logical South Austin – SXSW for Austinites
- Rosio-Colored Glasses : Lessons in Community and Recognition
- Paloma Diaz on Violence at the Urban Margins: Longhorns & Latin American Ethnography
- Socialatina on Violence at the Urban Margins: Longhorns & Latin American Ethnography
- porterem on Beyond the Cosmopolis: A Summary of Étienne Balibar’s ‘Cosmopolitanism and Secularism’
- mbosch on This post is Linsane!
- Caity on This post is Linsane!
- Crime, Law and Deviance
- Current Events
- Family Sociology
- Gender and Sexuality
- Globalization and Development
- Latin American Studies
- Out of My Habitus
- Political Sociology
- Race and Ethnicity
- Social Logical Austin
- Sociological Theory
- Sociology of Education
- Sociology of Gender
- Sociology of Health
- Sociology of Religion
- University of Texas at Austin Sociology
- Work, Occupations and Organizations
Monthly Archives: August 2011
UT SOC Alumna Corinne Reczek‘s research on Marriage’s Dark Side cited on MSNBC.com
Inside Higher Ed found the juxtaposition of Las Vegas and Sociology irresistible: Sociologists in Sin City There is something both jarring and perfectly apropos about bringing thousands of sociologists to Sin City. As the ASA press release delicately observed, “Las … Continue reading
Celebrating the arrival of our new 2011 Cohort at Austin’s Pizza. We’re very happy to welcome you to UT Austin Sociology!
Fun for all who came to the DAN UT Austin table at ASA. What a great community of scholars!
Presenting UT SOC research: Browne, Simone Thematic Session. Towards a New Racial Studies Scheduled Time: Tue, Aug 23 – 10:30am – 12:10pm Presenter: “Flying While Black: Border Control, DNA and the Case of the Lips” Cabrera, Sergio Antonio Table 09. … Continue reading
Monday, August 22th UT SOC presentations: Adut, Ari – Thematic Session: Scandal Time: Mon, Aug 22 – 2:30pm – 4:10pm Session Organizer – Presenter on individual submission: Scandal and the Public Sphere Bhatt, Wasudha Table 06. Roundtables: Immigrants from a … Continue reading
Congratulations to Dr. Christine Williams, Sociology Department Chairperson and this year’s Sociologist for Women in Society Feminist Lecturer Award! Christine will be honored this evening at ASA. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello at the Department Alumni … Continue reading
Happening Today: Department Alumni Night from 9:30 -11:30 in the Augustus I & II, Emperor’s level of Caesar’s Palace Saturday, August 20th UT SOC presentations: Brown, Dustin C Regular Session. Health Issues in Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered Studies Scheduled … Continue reading
Professor Maya Charrad talks with The American Academy of Political and Social Science about factors that contributed to the post-colonial developments of Tunisia, Morocco and Iraq, and the various elements at play in the Arab Spring. Read it (and listen … Continue reading
Katie Sobering’s research in Argentina takes an unexpected turn as the Argentinian Supreme Court rejects worker’s appeals to expropriate the businesses they revitalized.